04 Jan Call for Application: Internship at Campus OWL New York
Call for Application: Internship at Campus OWL New York
Campus OWL New York is currently seeking a highly motivated student with a strong interest in international academic exchange.
Period: 3 months (starting September 2020)
Workplace: German House, 871 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017, USA
As an intern, you will work closely with the Executive Director in the Campus OWL office in the German House in New York and will be responsible for a variety of research, administrative and creative functions, including:
- Content creation for the English language newsletter and website
- In-depth research of topics relating to higher education
- Administrative support in organizing and planning events
- Preparation of presentations for various target groups
- Management of the social media channels, including Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Development of alumni or other student activities in the United States & Canada
- A chance to represent the universities at career fair
- The candidate must be enrolled at one of the five Campus OWL universities (Bielefeld University, Paderborn University, Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences, OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts, and Detmold University of Music).
- Outstanding communications skills (oral, written, interpersonal)
- Self-motivated, organized, exceptional time management
- Strong computer skills, experience with social media and website management
- Interest in international education and transatlantic academic relations
- Fluent in English
- The opportunity to get to know the activities of the Campus OWL NY Office, learn about its partner institutions and the North American higher education landscape, gain knowledge in transatlantic academic exchange as well as the administration and management of a U.S. non-profit organization in international higher education.
- A supportive work environment at our office located in the German House in New York, together with other university liaison offices, the DAAD, DFG, German Consulate General, and the Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations
- Compensation: A stipend of 800 Euro per month
- Campus OWL New York will cover the fees for the J1-Visa program ($775), monthly health insurance ($55) and the SEVIS-fee ($220)
Please send your application in English (CV, a letter of motivation, the name and contact details of one academic or professional reference) by March 25, 2020 in a single PDF file to Dr. Katja Simons (email@example.com)